Or possess gazillion thread count sheets and pillows longer than I am tall.
It has an imprint on one side because I always have to face the door.
Its brown and blue or blue and brown, and when i'm really behind on laundry white and olive.
There isn't a stuffed bear on top of it. And when I say there isn't, it might mean there is. *I said might.
It''s plenty big for my 5'5 self and extra comfortable because it's mine.
I've been gone the last three weeks in NYC, Austin, and Naples Florida. I had a night home here and there in-between the three trips, but most recently had a horrible 24 hr something, so "home" wasn't really relaxing. Every trip was work related and for the most part excellent.... but completely exhausting. Each of these three trips is heavily tied to working hard, but staying out late over beverages and gigantic laughs. Its almost impossible to have an early night when some of your favorite people in the country are congregated in the same place... and by almost impossible i mean definitely and utterly.
I am lucky to work in an industry I'm passionate about, in a job that I love, and have people around me I really connect with. I'm lucky to get to see the results of my work in a tangible form, and to have mentors who want to see me succeed. I am lucky to have seen Meb win in NYC and to have my twin sister share an uber fun halloween in the big apple. I'm lucky to have grown up a swimmer and can teach a friend flip turns in Austin, and i'm lucky to have intense conversation about big life things over a 3-person dinner that started out tipsy and ended up seriously sober and filled with guacamole. I am lucky that Mary Miller was in Naples Florida and we had even an hour to catch up, to exchange laughs and little snippets with each other that say we get each other and are always, always, always there for one another. I believe in that girl more than I believe in life on another planet because give me a break we just found out there are like 400 more planets, so of COURSE that means i believe in her HUGELY.
I love the people I'm surrounded by. I love knowing my life is really great despite being an always injured runner and this really bums me out (blog on this later). I love that my boss can rag on me constantly in an endearing, funny way, but can call me after a big day to tell me i just proved myself in front of a lot of people and this is why i'm here.
I love hand sanitizer and especially in the new spray form because I can offer it to my seat-mates on the plane without them having to actually handle it and i love watching 4 episodes of "Little People Big World" on TLC because I flew JetBlue.
I love that I have a work/life balance and yeah this post was a lot about work but the next one won't be.
I love making sure to appreciate things that I should.
Especially heading not to the Ritz Carlton plush Queen I was in this past week .... but into a full size bed that's the best because it's mine.
I'm here to confirm the awesome-ness that is JK and you're sister like relationship. So glad to found each other!
ReplyDelete